Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day 23

I have been one of those blind people who could not see the miracles surrounding me. I posted last time that we were waiting for a miracle, and what happens if it didn't happen. Then, when I paused and looked around me, I saw many miracles surrounding me. I was blind to the miracles of God, of my loving Father in Heaven.

Because of the miracles I desired at the time, I was oblivious to those that were happening all around me. I would assume that Father was not too well pleased with me.

Last Sunday, we heard Elder Eyring suggest that we must all be about building the Kingdom, and "all these things" will be added unto us when it was right in His schedule. So, I need to ponder more, see what I can do more about building the Kingdom. Every time I go to the temple, my soul vibrates when we get to the point where I can again promise to give all I have to build the Kingdom AND establish Zion.

I know that is the title, that is the main reason I started writing on this blog, about the privilege many of us will have to build the Kingdom, and establish the Zion that will greet the inhabitants of Enoch's city when they return.

So often pressing matters, or in other words, other things like bills, kid problems, employment challenges, neighbors, other responsibilities get in the way of considering how we can build the Kingdom daily, as well as having the goal of Zion in our hearts, and thus at least thinking about what a wonderful time that will be.

I need to watch for, recognize, and give thanks for each miracle that comes into my life daily, for I know there are many each day, most of which I ignore, or accept without giving thanks.

Mosiah teaches that even the air that we breath is a gift from God. Do I act that way? Much to do in my own personal life of late. Better repent and become better, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment