Friday, October 23, 2009

Day 19

What does "Giving all that we have" for the purpose of building up the kingdom mean? I have often thought of that. If I pause to count the blessings I have, if I start to list all the things I have been blessed with, if I view each item that I have been given as a blessing, will I give it all up? If I look at my house, which I do not own, but some banks owns, would I give that up if it were required of me for the purpose of building the Kingdom?

In the early days of this dispensation, many gave up their lives for the Kingdom. Many gave up homes for the Kingdom. Many gave up loved ones and all possessions for the Kingdom.

What are we to give up in todays life for the Kingdom?

I sort of figure that there is not much required of us to give up. But perhaps "giving up" things is not what is means. The word used is "consecration." Concentration is much different than giving up something.

Does concentration mean dedication? If I concentrate my home to the Kingdom, or to esbalishing Zion, what does that mean? Or are we to do that? Am I grasping at straws?

If I concentrate my time to the Kingdom, what does that mean? If I concentrate my money to the Kingdom, what does that mean?

The Law of Concentration is where we "give up" or present to the bishop all that we have, receive back from him according to our needs, and whatever is left over is "given" to someone else who may need it.

We are not required to live this law, but eventually we will be, right?

This blog today is to get your mind working, thinking, and commenting. I seek answers, not arguments. If you have a comment, or 2 cents worth, so state.

No comments:

Post a Comment