Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 22

As we mentioned in day 20, we were waiting for a miracle. What is it when that miracle fails to materialize? A nightmare? An undigested potato?

So often in life we analyze things, events, happenings, and inspirations? that just seem to go away, that don't mean anything. Then we pause to consider reasoning. We are left with nothing, wondering the why's of things. We better learn lessons, but when there doesn't seem to be any to learn?

I am reminded of the old testament scripture that says that we don't see as Father sees. We judge, try to understand, but with imperfect sight, and then we give up, again asking that three letter word, why?

When I pause to try and understand or learn lessons that events are trying to teach me, and come up wanting, then I must recall 2 Nephi 2:24 which says that all things have been done in His wisdom. If that is true, then since I don't see as He does, and since I don't know where to turn, I better rest on the Eternal Truth that He does truly love me as His son and He won't let me go through anything that is NOT for my benefit.

In the LDS play My Turn on Earth, there were often times when little telegrams, or little notes of direction from our Father would come floating down from the heavens. I guess I am looking for one of those right now. How can I pursue when I don't know where nor what to pursue?

Oh well, isn't life wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment