Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 16

A friend of mine commented that I should change my statement about a Zion society being established on earth before Christ comes. I appreciate his comments, however, I remain in my statement. If Enoch and his city comes and falls upon our necks and we upon theirs, we must be able to live the same state, the same Terrestrial condition they live with, we must have a people ready to receive them, understand them, and live with them in the same "state."

I don't pretend to want to create a Enoch's city, I do feel that there needs to be much work done in the hearts of members of this church to prepare them for that coming bliss with Enoch does return.

Just as tithing, fast offering, etc, prepares us to rid ourselves of the love of money, prepares us to live the law of consecration, where we will give all we have to the Lord, not just 10% and not just what we feel we can to Fast Offering, the same way there needs to be things done, and probably most often things done within the walls of our own heart to prepare ourselves to be ready for Enoch's return.

Yes, I believe my good friend is right, but I feel strongly that I am too. We must think about, prepare for, and question how each of us can improve to be ready when Enoch returns. Perhaps I am wrong to try and think that this is something that I can do anything about, but time will tell, Spirit still whispers to my soul that this is a good cause, a good goal, and if it is just for me to get better, closer to that situation, so be it.

I feel there are many "card carrying" members who attend the temple, do all they feel they need to do, magnify their callings, meet all the covenants they have made, yet feel there is MORE. They are the ones that Father is calling in their silent times, in their inspiration times that they need to help prepare for Enoch's return.

Anyway, that is my vision. There are hundreds, thousands, many, many who feel that way, and do all they can do within their own location of residence, but want more. What is that more? I told you my thoughts, now you think in your mind what are yours?

If one was to ask Father what more they could do in the Kingdom than they are doing, what would He say? Is there a point where we are doing all we can, should do? Consider the Three Nephites, and even John. They wanted to do more than the others. There is always more to do in the Kingdom of God and part of that is thinking about and trying to become close to that state.

I guess I have expressed my thoughts enough on that subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment