Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 18

One dear friend said that when Enoch comes with his city to greet those still on earth, they will fall on our necks, according to the scriptures, and it will be too late to START preparing to live in a society of Zion, as they do every day.

I agree. I feel that there needs to be preparation to be ready. Don't know what, where, and when, but that is what I feel.

Building Zion involves doing what the Spirit whispers to us through our hearts. Building Zion involves seeking out opportunities to build others, serve others, strengthening our families. It involves serving with all our hearts, souls, minds, and strength. It involves knowing that there is more than just obedience to the laws and commandments. It is going further, stepping beyond the "required" and letting the Spirit be our guide.

For I KNOW that there is a place beyond obedience, where the Spirit takes control of our mental, and directs us in Father's ways, doing more than what is expected of us.

I ponder of many brothers and sisters I have met throughout my long life who fit this definition. They are examples to me, of what I want to become. I must take more time to analyze why they are as they are, or better yet, why they influence me as they do.

Confession: Since my life is so up in the air, my ramblings here are what SHOULD be done, not what I am doing, since I am just trying to make it from day to day until I know His will about our future. Is that an excuse? Yes, I guess it is. No matter what the circumstances in our lives, we should be seeking out "building" and "establishing", at least in my opinion.

Thanks to the dear friend who commented on the post I place about some people wanting more and seeking more than just obedience. I agree, so I seek. Will let you know when I find it.

Again, thanks for reading and commenting, for that is how we learn from each other.

2 comments:

  1. Don't we build and establish each day of our lives in the little acts we do and in the people we meet everyday. Someone said "sweat the little stuff" a smile a complement a silent prayer builds, doesn't it as I go along doing the daily stuff. Obedience is a big pot of things to understand unless I just listen and do what the spirit instructs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comment. If we could develop a habit (perhaps you already have) of smiling, doing the sweet little stuff with those we meet each day, if we silently pray constantly, then that is building the Kingdom, but along the way, is it not? And most importantly, it is also building us as we do it, thus helping us become more in tune, more ready for a Zion society. No?

    ReplyDelete