Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 20

Bonnie and I are waiting for the conclusion of a miracle. It has half happened, but the final leg of it is yet to be decided, or secured, or whatever.

We were told of an individual going to the temple and sharing with a temple worker that he was just laid off and was unemployed. The temple worker said, "Congratulations. Now you will be so excited to see what Father has in store for you. Aren't you just overjoyed?"

That is not usually the way one treats unemployment. Hope and excitement is not how one comes home from work and shares with his wife about being let go. Instead of bringing home the steak to celebrate, he comes home with a lower lip dragging on the floor, wondering what is going to happen next, wondering if they will have enough money to pay their bills, wondering how they can get work when no one else is getting hired.

Unemployment is such a challenge. It is a challenge between spouses in communication, in different roles, and in "discussion" about it. It is a challenge of having sufficient faith to get through the difficult moments when all seems to be lost. It is a struggle to wonder what Father will have us go through before we are counted worthy for that miracle where we can find work and be gainfully employed again. It is a trial of faith, joy, hope, and patience.

Bonnie and I are waiting for either an extension of our blessing of unemployment and the trial of paying our bills, or a temporary relief of at least two months, and perhaps for a LONG time.

I treated miracles in this blog once before. I asked if it was correct to ask for a miracle. Since there is a dearth of anyone commenting on my comments, I just imagine what anyone else would say. And of course, I must imagine that everyone agrees with me, since I am so enlightened and wise.

I pace around the house waiting to see what comes next. Today, or at least by tomorrow we shall have either that miracle, or we shall have to run around and start over to find employment, income sufficient for our needs and paying our bills.

So tonight is a 'hurry up and wait' time in our lives. The kids have been praying, fasting, and pleading. But only Father knows, at least right now.

Am I up to another period of trial. Tough question, since I felt I was directed at this one. Now what? Was it just for trials to teach?

I love my Father, no matter what He sends our way. We shall cope, learn, and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment