Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 10

I wanted to discuss with you the importance of having pure desires of the heart. But as I have sought out noting the miracles of this day, it became apparent to me that you have to be in tune to see and recognize miracles of each day. I awoke to snow on the mountains this morning. It was cold. Rather than seek out miracles, I just thought how cold it was and how we have not had any autumn. I worried that it may turn to winter without the calm, peaceful, wonderful fall we are used to. I went to work, wondering what was going to become of me and how I was going to continue on.

In other words, I let the "stuff" of the day make me blind and I did not see, or notice the miracles that Father put into my path. Then since I was supposed to note miracles through the day, I thought about it, but saw none.

Then I started thinking if it would be right in His eyes to request miracles? I mean those sick of Spirit or body approached Christ and knew that if they touched Him, they would be healed. Is that possible in these Latter Days?

I know we can't seek to "touch" our Savior, but if we have the faith, can we decide upon a miracle we desire and then ask for it? Rather than go looking for miracles in our day, perhaps we are supposed to ask Him for the miracles we feel we need.

Is it wrong to ask for a miracle of some sort? Or do miracles come only when He decides we need it?

He is a God of Miracles. By faith is a miracle wrought. "A beneficial event brought about divine power that mortals do not understand.." So, is it wrong to ask for a miracle?

We recently listed our home. The reasons are not important, but the challenge we will have can be listed. The economy is awful. There are three on our tiny cul-de-sac that are for sale. No one has any money. So, the miracle I ask for is the selling of my home. It truly would be a miracle to have someone purchase this home so we could serve a mission together. So, I will ask Father for this miracle. Do I have faith it will happen?

Ponder for a moment the correctness of asking for a certain miracles. Is it wrong?

The science of miracles. Teach me, give me your input. Since there seems to be only one folllower of this blog, perhaps she can teach me?

1 comment:

  1. I'm a follower, I look forward to and read every post. And I'm not a she, I'm a he. So there, you've got at least 2 followers. :)

    ReplyDelete