Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Another Dream and Vision

Day 1

It is time again to begin pursuing Zion. It is a goal I have had for a long time, and yet there are so many times when it seems so far from my mind. So to begin, I am going to commit to write on this blog for 100 days, starting today September 15, 2009. I don't know if I will be able to write every day, but it will be constantly on my mind, and hopefully I will be able to share my thoughts on this covenant we all make in the temple.

All are invited to share, comment, and disagree or agree. But whether anyone does or not, I just need the challenge to write, think about, plan on what I can do better to draw closer to our main goal to establish Zion.

I find this subject is drawing more attention, for in each conference, I listen for and often hear reference to this subject from our leaders. It gives joy to my soul to hear it is a more common theme in these latter days.

Elder Holland said in 1985 that we should take every opportunity to learn, to dream dreams and see visions, and work toward their realization... Working toward establishing a Zion has always been my dream. Thus, as I start this new blog about realizing that dream or vision, I note it is "another" dream, but the same one I had before, and many others have.

So, I commit to strive to work toward that goal once again, that of establishing Zion.

1 comment:

  1. I will be following your blog -- I hope to see regular posts. This is a great topic, one that I've heard you mention many times in the past, so I know you'll have some great things to share!

    -Your Third Son.

    ReplyDelete