Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 6

Though few have commented on my ramblings, one friend commented that the first goal of my "building the Kingdom" should be building myself, then my wife, then my family. I do agree that building myself, getting more in tune with the Holy Ghost, becoming more serviceable, and just plain drawing closer the way I should live should be number one in my visions and dreams. Then working with my wife on this goal. I do agree.



In fact, not to pat myself on the back, nor to say I have reached that yet, but in my days of service in "the Kingdom" I have noted that many people are struggling with that very idea, to be worthy of the Holy Ghost, to live the gospel, and to feel good about their lives. This is not to say that I feel good about my life, I still need much to be done, much to improve on, much to draw closer to the Spirit.

However, at least in my mind and heart, I feel that I must seek beyond my own petty trials, my own struggles, and my efforts to earn the HIGH REWARD from Father. I, at least me, just me and myself, I feel that to draw closer to the Spirit, to become where we all must arrive, I must do more than just try myself. I must put into practice the principle, "... when ye have done it unto the least of these...." I guess that is the main reason for this blog, is to get me thinking, pausing, considering, pondering, and trying to decide what I MUST DO to perfect myself first, as I have been counselled. THEN help others.

I am just trying to say that I feel the way to help, at least me, become more perfect is to work on helping others, for in service, and in thinking about building the Kingdom, in thinking about Zion, in studying the precepts of Zion, in drawing closer to this way of life, I can be better, become better, and along the way perhaps help someone else.

Not the extend to perfecting anyone else. No, that is their challenge. But I figure if I extend myself beyond my comfort zone by teaching, writing in this blog, by encouraging others, first I am helping myself become that way, the "AS IF" principle. Then if I can serve someone else, then the Spirit accompanies that learning I am doing.

You see, I love and try to follow Elder Hollands counsel in 1985 when he said, "We must take every opportunity to learn and to grow" -- and I figure that is what I am doing by serving, thinking about Zion and the Kingdom. to continue with Elder Holland ".. to dream dreams and see visions, and work toward their realization" and that is what I am doing, dreaming dreams about Zion, and seeing visions about what should be, what can be, and trying to help create that Zion, continuing ".. rest on our swords for a time if necessary, then get up and start fighting again..." That is my goal. I dream dreams often, can envision what Zion should be like, how I need to build the Kingdom in my own way, and work toward these ideals.

Well, enough for today, day 6. Thanks for your comments, for it gets me to read, to evaluate my own feelings as well as yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment