Saturday, September 19, 2009

Day 5

Today is Saturday. As I paused before I started this day, I evaluated HOW I was going to build the Kingdom today. What can I do to strengthen the Kingdom, more that I do every other Saturday. In my many, many Saturdays gone by, there are certain things that I end up doing. Will today be different? What am I going to do to build up the Kingdom, at least in my own mind, let alone in the mind of someone else?

The Kingdom is: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I will think about, continue preparing my talk for tomorrow, for since I am a High Councilman, I will be talking in another ward. I have thought of a few things I can do to strengthen, help another family that isn't expecting it. I will continue to strengthen the relationship between myself and my eternal companion. I will continue to strive to be inspired by Father what I should be doing to prepare for our unknown future and the changes that are coming. I will try to build up a stranger that I meet this day, no matter who or where they are. I will contact someone from my past that I have not talked to for quite a time and express love and interest.

If I pause each day and commit to go beyond the casual, every day events that I have been doing each day for hundreds of days, then perhaps that will be building the Kingdom.

If I am willing, shouldn't I be doing something of my own free will without waiting for an assignment from my leaders? That scripture in section four about having desires? If I have desires, then I should be "anxiously engaged" of my own free will and choice. If I pray to be led to someone who needs a smile, a call, or just a "hello" that is also building the Kingdom and trying to get them to feel the principle of love and charity.

Guess I better get going and stop typing away here. Perhaps you should do the same thing. Let's make commitments each day as we start the day to uplift someone else. Deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment