Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day 3

Since changes are coming into my life in the coming days, and since I have been places where I am reminded of my "duties", I can't help but think of these promises I have made with my
Eternal Parents. D. and C. section:4 states that if you have desires, you are called to the work. I am trying to figure that one out. Father knows of my desires. What does it mean to be called? Have I been fulfilling a "calling" the past five years in Brigham City? What does "the work" mean?
With my thoughts about being called, having desires, and being "willing" to give all I have to build up Zion and work on strengthening the Kingdom, I only can do what I can do. I must make the correct decision so my Savior (Left) can indeed come in and sup with us. I must hear His knock, what His knock means, and how I can open my ears, my heart, and know what he is asking of me.
You see, with my house on the market to sell, with my employment which ended about two months ago, with desires being mixed with being called according to the scriptures, with searching where to search for gainful employment, or investigating the option of serving full time as a missionary, all these things weigh heavily on my mind.
But deep within, I KNOW HE IS AWARE of our hearts, our testimony, and our willingness to go, serve, and be whatever, or wherever He desires. He just must show me where to go.
No matter where we end up, we will be remembering the challenge, the willingness of giving all we have to Him. I know we are not required to do that now, but how we treat "things" and "stuff" about which we will certainly be judged.
I appreciate opinions expressed by anyone who has two cents, or even a dimes worth of comments. I won't promise to agree, but it opens my eyes to different ways of thinking. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment