Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 9


A dear sister of mine shared with me that she taught about miracles yesterday. She shared with me her lesson and how she felt it influenced those sisters who were in attendance. I listened and learned from her testimony, from what she shared with me about miracles. She presented a masterfully prepared overview of what Christ taught about miracles and then promised that if we are observant, we will see miracles surrounding us each and every day.

As I ponder about the lessons I have learned from her, I feel she spent hours and hours, prayers, and much effort in her preparation. She BUILT the Kingdom in her small way on Sunday, sharing with others her views, and those things the Spirit taught her.

Isn't that what we covenant to do in the temple? Shouldn't we all seek opportunities to do the same. If we have a stewardship to build the Kingdom by teaching, great. But what if we don't? Then how do we build the Kingdom and fulfill our duties?

Teaching is one great way to build the Kingdom. But there are so many other ways to build the Kingdom. That is what I want to research and learn about. How do I build the Kingdom daily? How do I make a difference in the Kingdom? Do I fulfill that duty by studying the scriptures? Do I do that by loving my fellow man? Please share with me what your thoughts are on building the kingdom.

This sweet sister certainly did yesterday. Did I? Did I strive to build the Kingdom today? Will I tomorrow? Is it something we should dwell upon and work toward daily?

I feel that no matter our stewardship or our callings in the Sunday Church, we can build the kingdom every day. We should strive to build it every day, some how. Won't the Spirit whisper to us, if we only listen, what we could, should do?

If I remember, and I am certainly so very old, I want to discuss about the desires of the heart the next time I write in this Blog. That is something else I have learned recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment