Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 26

Elder Eyring quoted in a talk given in November 1989 the following: "Not long ago a man asked me, "does your church still believe that when Christ comes you will be living as one, the way they did in the city of Enoch?" He put a spin on the word still as if we might not believe such a thing anymore. I said, Yes we do. And then he said, "you are the people who could do it."

If Elder Eyring is telling others that we, and I believe that included me and you, we STILL believe that when Christ comes, we will be living as one, the way they did in the city of Enoch, then I have to conclude that there better be a people who believe as he does, a people who have been prepared, a people who know what Elder Eyring was talking about well before Christ comes, to be able to live in that kind of society.

So when we commit to give all that we have to building up the Kingdom and establishing Zion, at least the kind of Zion that Enoch built, I guess I have much to do, for I want to be included in that group of people he was referring to.

The small stuff of life, of mortality too often get in the way of that goal. Money, food, employment, house payments, gas prices, Christmas, and other things seem to replace the thoughts of Zion and I subconsciouly place Zion, and building Zion behind these other things, when in reality I perhaps should place them first, and then let "all these things" take care of themselves.

I am sure many would not agree with that point, but I must consider it a bit myself, at least for me and my house, my thoughts, and my feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment