Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 25

We are all in mortality. Why? Abraham says it is to prove ourselves. Christ says many times that we are to endure to the end. We are also taught to serve others, as in seeking FIRST the Kingdom. Then of course, Father needs someone to work toward building Zion, first within the hearts of brothers and sisters, and then within families, then communities.

So as I look at my life (and I suggest you do the same), I try to figure out what I should be concentrating on. I mean, am I in the middle of proving myself worthy of the Highest degree? Or am I striving to just endure all the opportunities of growth, or trials I have? Then maybe I need to concentrate on serving my fellow man, thus building the Kingdom.

Since I am a bit older these days, since my body keeps yelling in a different region each time I try to use it, I would imagine that perhaps each of us have different parts of that mortality. Are there different periods of our life when we should be just concentrating on enduring? It takes all we have just to endure through trials and learn lessons?

Or should we concentrated on serving others? Do we wake each day trying to think of someone to serve, someone who needs a smile, a cheery joke, a plate of cookies, or what?

Or should I spend my waking time in trying to fulfill my stewardship in a more efficient manner, thus serving better, longer hours, doing more than I have done?

Or should our lives be a compilation of all these things? And if we concentrate on all these things, will we not be able to give each one it's due?

Just pondering, since I seem to have time while waiting for the mirarcles that Father is sending to me one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment