Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 33`

That number - 33 - is an important one. It is interesting how the Lord does things using the same number. Christ was 33 when He died... Enough about numbers.

I went to the temple yesterday again, and I felt the same feeling of excitement when I was asked to renew my covenant about giving all I have to building the Kingdom and establishing Zion. One friend said once that all I have to do is fulfill the stewardships I have now, not worry about the "more" that I keep feeling and just be satisfied that Father will hold me accountable for the stewardships I have received from the Stake President and the Bishop, and of course being a father, husband, grandfather, brother, etc.

As I pause each morning cleaning my body and mind while the hot water runs over me, I strive to commune with Father. I review in my mind His purposes on this earth, and then question how I can help. Of course, I have been given my own stewardships from local leaders, but I have other stewardships. Rather than seek another one or two or hundred, just take care of what I have been given.

Then my mind flies back to Section 4. I love that section. Perhaps there are hidden truths contained within that I NEED TO KNOW, thus I will try to treat this section in my upcoming writings on this blog. It will be for me, since I feel I am writing for me and no one reads this, but if anyone happens on this, and has anything to say, please do so.

Anyway, I want to study, though reading, discussing this at least with myself, this section. This was given to Joseph's father in February 1829. It was in Harmony, Pennsylvania. It was before the church was officially organized. I will do some research about section 4 and discuss it the next time I get on here. Hopefully soon, for I have much to do in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment