Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 32

I can't believe we are already into December. There is so much good, so much service, loving, compassion, and cheer during this month. It is hard to comprehend that the statistics show that there is also a hike in the suicide rate. It is a time when everyone should be celebrating, but instead because so many are celebrating but for some often small reason they are not, thus they feel to end their misery.

I can't understand it, but can understand it. I know, it sounds like I just blew it, but think about it. I can see how someone can feel like running away from life, from sadness and feeling all is awful, and wanting out, thinking they is no answer. But I can't understand ending it all, hurting so many with your actions... Get it?

Life continues. Mortality continues. Lessons continue. Father continues to teach me lessons. I would assume anyone reading these posts are questions why I say what I say, and what is going on.

I feel as Joseph Smith at times about asking Father, Where art thou? But I hear the answer echoing in my mind all about earning me experience that I need. So I don't dwell on that question too long, and just try to learn lessons. The sooner the better for I know He has the key to my imprisonment.

There is so much good that can be done in this season. So often we do not look beyond our own family, we only consider what our family wants for Christmas, and our beloved ones. What about the strangers, those who are considering ending it all, what about those who have nothing?

I commit that when I leave this house, I will be on the lookout for someone who I may not know, but someone who I can cheer up just with a word, or a smile, etc. I would assume it won't change a thing, but it WILL CHANGE ME. That is most important anyway, is it not?

No comments:

Post a Comment