Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 31

No matter what the trial, the challenge, or the affliction, if we could keep foremost in our minds that our Heavenly Father loves us, that He would never make us go through anything that is not totally required for our "process of perfection" on earth, and if we could only remember that we are so much more important that the Lillies of the Field, that we are His children, and that He is never far away, and that He would gladly answer our every prayer if what we are asking for would not be damaging to His purposes in our behalf, I believe that we could endure, and get through any trial.

The challenge is keeping those thoughts in our minds all the time, especially when we are being blessed with uncomfortable situations and "these things" which gain us experience and growth.

I still believe in miracles and know that there are many awaiting us. If I could learn the lessons I am supposed to learn, then these trials would be removed. Alma and his followers were strengthened by the Spirit so they endured all their afflictions with cheerfulness. I guess that is my challenge. Rather than lose sight of the initial statement in this day's post, I should strive to endure these "blessings" with cheerfulness. For just as in Alma's day, if I would then I feel Father would release us from this experience, just as he did Alma's people.

I love life. I offer gratitude each day for challenges which cause me to either grow, or fail. I hope I am growing, but it is difficult for me to know for my vision is a bid slurred since I am in the middle of it.

I know I have not been concentrating on establishing Zion and building the Kingdom, but they are ever present in my mind and in my life. That is another challenge I should be pursuing, yet just trying to remain on top is taking all my abilities. Perhaps that is what I should be learning, develop more, cope with more, strive more, and grow.

You see I have much to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment